Nominations for 10 Under 40
Siouxland Magazine is hosting the 8th annual 10 Under 40 for our October Issue! The spotlight articles will feature 10 talented individuals from our Siouxland community! This is a fantastic way to show how young professionals in Siouxland are making a real difference.
Self-nomination is accepted and you may nominate more than one person for the award.
Here is what we ask of you: Look around to your co-workers, employees, leaders, friends, colleagues and think about who meets the following criteria:
- Under the age of 40 as of December 31, 2019 (yes, you might have to ask them, but they would be honored you are thinking of them for an award!)
- Is a business owner or executive/manager/director or has experience in this area, within their organization. (This can be a large corporation, small business, or non-profit organization.)
- Must be in their current position, or have had experience in a managerial role for at least one year.
- Lives and works in the Siouxland community. (Approximately a 60 mile radius around Sioux City.)
Has a history of displaying:
- Vision, Leadership and Community Impact
- Innovation and Achievement
- Growth & Development
- Community Involvement or Contribution
- Consistent Display of Excellent Character and Ethics
The judges’ decisions are final, and no correspondence will be entered into with the entrants until decisions are made. Judges cannot nominate anyone, and they do not work for Siouxland Magazine or Empowering Conversations, LLC.
Items that the judges will be asked to keep in mind (in addition to the criteria outlined above):
- Academic or Apprenticeship Training (degrees earned, on-the-job experience, licensure, etc.)
- History of Client Relations
- Dedication to Siouxland
- Leadership Skills & Mentoring Ability
- Personal Integrity & Character
- Consideration of Community Outreach as the applicant’s job vs. extra time spent outside of work life
- Consider Diversity When Selecting Entrants
**Siouxland Magazine reserves the right to publish entrants’ photos and biographical details.
After completing this form, please ask your nominee to answer the following questions in 1 page (minimum):
- What has been the best way for you to get involved in the community? If you could volunteer in one organization, what would it be and why?
- How can Siouxland better retain and recruit young professionals under age 40?
- What are some words of wisdom you can share with the Siouxland community? What is your vision for the future of Siouxland?
- What has been the most positive impact on Siouxland in the last 3 years?
- If you could change something in Siouxland, and money was not an issue, what would it be and why?
If submitting ONLINE, please make sure your application is complete and submitted online at siouxlandmagazine.com by July 19. We will contact your nominee and he/she will have till August 2 to complete his/her portion.
If submitting via EMAIL in a word document, please make sure your application is complete and submitted to email@example.com by August 2, 2019. We are only accepting applications by email or through the website, so please add a read receipt to your email. Siouxland Magazine will notify winners by the end of August. There will be a photo shoot with the winners, which will be the spotlight of the fall 2019 issue of Siouxland Magazine. Please send completed applications by August 2, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
**Any submissions after August 2nd will not be eligible.